- It increases access to market centers, wherefore, encouraging commercial farming activities.
- Access to several rural areas is a sign of improved road network resulting into higher availability of farm inputs at a low price.
- It brings about employment opportunities.
- It increases access to social amenities.
- It plays a vital role of promoting development in rural communities.
- It promotes national integration.
- It is a tool for poverty alleviation.
- It provides continuity in moving people and agric produce from rural communities to urban areas.
- It provides the farmer the opportunity to quickly move perishable commodities to the market centers or places where they are needed.
- It promotes sense of belonging.
Month: June 2018
There are several people around the world living in rural communities where half of them are peasant farmers. Such people mostly in Africa rely most on oldest form of transportation which is walking or trekking, this form of transport limit them to access social amenities while also increase the level of poverty among them, these among others are the likely problems people living in rural areas are likely to face. To this end, introduction of road transport system in rural areas is a major solution for a sustained socio-economic development in such communities; more so, it’s an important means to enhance national integration. However, here are the benefits of providing road transport in rural areas: