- The type of airplane.
- The distance to a desired destination.
- The type of the engine in the plane.
- The strength of the prevailing wind.
- The weight of the plane.
- The aviation law.
- The flight dispatchers.
Category: Uncategorized (Page 1 of 3)
It is not enough to be an owner of a car without knowing the most necessary things that can keep your car safe for yourself and for other road users. Hence, the saying: ‘A safe car saves lives’. However, here are the most necessary tips you need to know to keep your vehicle safe while using the road:
- You must check your car fluids regularly.
- You must change your car air filter when due.
- You must be sure that your car headlamps and tail lamps are working properly.
- You must not take your tyre safety for granted.
- You must not take your car brake for granted.
- You must make your vehicle available for routine maintenance.
- You must find a good and reliable mechanic.
- The Pan-American Highway
- Australia’s Highway 1
- Trans-Siberian Highway in Russia
- Trans-Canada Highway in Canada
- The Golden Quadrilateral Highway in India
Electric cars are the vehicles that rely on rechargeable battery as source of energy instead of fuel as we have in the conventional car. Since the discovery and advent of electric cars, notable improvements have been made to make electric vehicles more efficient and suitable than the conventional car. It is also important to note that these days, there is an increase in the number of electric cars used in the world due to the huge benefits the users enjoy with electric vehicles. Benefits of Electric Automobile
- The operation cost is low because recharging a battery is cheaper when compared with the much money spent on fuel, engine oil, brake oil, etc. that are consumed by conventional vehicles.
- The maintenance cost is low when you compare it to conventional car with internal combustion engine.
- It is environmental friendly. The electric vehicle helps to reduce carbon emission into the air.
- It reduces the likely health problems that are often caused by petrol and diesel powered vehicles.
- Electric automobile is designed in the interest of road safety when you compare it to fuel or diesel powered vehicles, e.g. fire explosion.
- It reduces high dependence on imported diesel or petrol.
- The fully recharged battery may power the vehicle longer than refueling the conventional car.
- The electric car is more efficient than the conventional car.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reveals that over 700 people die every year in road accidents caused by tyre failure. In addition, The National Transportation Safety Board reveals that more than 500 people die while about 19,000 people are injured every year in auto crashes related to tyre failure.However, as motorist here are the safety tips you need to know:
- Do not delay to replace your tyre, if it is worn out
- Reduce your speed during rain or wet weather
- Do not overload your vehicle
- Carry out regular checks on your vehicle alignment
- Check your tyre pressure at least twice in a month and more importantly before a long journey.
Many people of high caliber and prominent men of worthy character in Nigeria have lost their lives or died young in road accidents involving all kind of haulage trucks. In 2015, a haulage truck caring unlatched container fell on a bus in Illishan, killing 11 occupants that were students of Olabisi Onabanjo University, (OOU), Ogun State and the driver of the said bus. It is also interesting to note that properties worth millions, if not billions, were destroyed in different locations across the country in accidents caused by haulage trucks. For instance, in 2015, not less than 21 vehicles, 44 shops, and 3 houses were thoroughly destroyed by a fire accident caused by a petrol tanker that fell off the bridge in Iyana Ipaja area of Lagos-State. If one single petrol tanker accident destroyed such amount of properties, you can imagine what 2 or more petrol tanker accidents could do to the society. This may probably explain to you why sharing the road with articulated vehicles or petrol tankers still remain worrisome in the heart of many people. According to former Corps Marshall of Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) Mr. Osita Chidoka, road accident involving tanker drivers and road haulage trucks between January and March 2009 were 2,119 accidents and 301 deaths. The fact that this happened in 3 months is shocking. With this report, it means on the average there were 23 accidents every day and not less than 3 lives were lost every day. In addition, in 2015, the Corps Marshall of FRSC, Boboye Oyeyemi, at a stakeholder’s summit noted that in 2013, a total of 21,199 vehicles were involved in crashes in which 1, 495 were tankers or trailer related. However, from the above given statistics by Corps Marshalls, it is clearly noticeable that the rising road accidents involving tanker drivers and haulage trucks and the recorded deaths from these accidents are increasingly worrisome. Nevertheless, there are 3 reasons why high rate of accident involving petrol tankers and haulage trucks couple with high rate of deaths from these avoidable accidents remain worrisome to road users, however, here are the reasons:
- Near-absence of both commercial and government driving school for articulated vehicles and tanker drivers.
- An unusual life-style of some truck drivers.
- Poor safety consciousness on the part of truck owners and truck drivers.
picture showing traffic congestion. Source: chron.com It is an undoubted fact that road transportation plays a notable role in nation building. A well-developed road transportation is a testimony and quality of a developed nation. An industry that has a fleet of vehicles operating within its community or city is a mark of a successful enterprise. In all ramifications, road transportation is important to individuals, an organization or an industry and to a nation, at large. In logistics, the importance of road transportation cannot be over-emphasized; an improper management of vehicle fleet has a great negative impact on logistics industry’s productivity as well as the customer service. Since customers are the life wire of any business, hence, poor customer service due to improper fleet management in an organization, a logistics industry or any transport service provider is a bid toward the extinction of such an organization. Therefore, looking at the factors that can affect the smooth operation of vehicle fleet is a justification for this article. Hence, below are the factors: 1. Congestion: Unnecessary long delay due to traffic congestion will increase travel time of a vehicle thereby causing a late delivery of goods. 2. Government Policy: Restrictions may be placed on particular trucks to ply a certain road. 3. Increase in Fuel Price: This may cause shortage of fuel thereby affecting the transport smooth operation. It can also increase the cost of transport, therefore, causing low patronage. 4. Poor Fleet Maintenance: This may cause a down-time and this will definitely affect transport operations. 5. Poor Communication: Good and effective communication leads to effective cooperation, understanding obligations and reduce unnecessary mistakes at the work-place. Poor communication, however, proves otherwise to these benefits.
A well developed transport system is an index of a developed nation. However, communication plays very important roles in the transport industry and the following indicate its importance in the industry: 1. It improves passenger service. 2. It enhances team work. 3. It can be used to create a good relationship between the staff and the passengers. 4. It helps the staff to have thorough understanding of the transport company. 5. It enhances the staff sense of belonging. 6. It reduces disorderliness while encourages orderliness in the transport industry. 7. It’s a means of updating both the staff of transport service providers and their numerous customers (passengers). 8. It creates a sense of unity. 9. It helps to create peace and commitment to a cause. 10. It serves as a tool for effective management in the transport industry
- The weight
- The speed &
- The length