- Order fulfillment: – This has to do with completing the orders of prospective customer in a short period of time. Indeed, transportation and logistics would be any integral part of completing the order since they directly impact delivery.
- Traffic and Transportation: – It manages the inbound and outbound movement of goods.
- Warehousing and Storage: – A number of ware housing decisions directly impact logistics and transportation. For example, how many warehouses are needed? Where should they be located? How large should they be? How much inventory should each accommodate? These and more are what a logistics firm does in order to provide efficient storage facilities to it various customers.
- Industrial Packaging; – Transportation directly determines the type of packaging needed. However, logistics firm plans the exact method of how each type of product will be transferred from one place to another and store properly in the shelf and making space for the new stock.
- Purchasing: – When purchase is made the distance and the quantities purchased directly affect the transportation cost hence, logistics are highly integrated.
- Demand forecast: – Accurate and reliable fore casting is essential for effective inventory control.
- Materials handling: – They have best practices to handle materials most especially during transportation so that they are not damaged.8
- It plays important role in inventory control for its customers.
- It provides customer service. Logistics plays an extremely important role in ensuring that customers get the right products at the place at the right time. Transportation, warehousing, forecasting, inventory control and so on, have a direct impact on customer’s satisfaction.
Logistics plays an important role in the growth of industry. Here are its responsibilities.